April 9, 2012

Yes, an Allyn Joslyn Board Game

I know. Allyn Joslyn movies. Allyn Joslyn TV show. Allyn Joslyn comics.
Believe me, I haven't got it any worse for him than over any other odd
character actor. It just worked out this way.


So, not to flog a dead horse...the Allyn Joslyn board game! I think I
saw it on the search find immediately preceding the comics (last post).
But, I've less to say on this, like to arrange flow of pic and color, and
I am moving on to other things, honest.

And I think I'm right in calling it an Allyn Joslyn board game. The others
in the painting don't seem to be representatives of the show until you
find the overdue blowup revealing it to be 'the boys'---McKeever and
Tubby, it would seem.


I also think I'd seen this game before in one of the several toy books I used to buy. Taking it for some sort of airport game. (Whatever that would be. Customs inspector chasing saboteur? Sounds like today's imaginary insanities).

It's not as good a likeness of 'Col. Blackwell' as in the comic. It appears you're supposed to hide your pegs (all you pirates out there) from your opponent, behind the little plastic barriers. I could live in one.

It does remind me of what used to pass for a mod airport. Mighta
been some bit of fun. No doubt there was a lot of peeking going on.


Is this game the father of 'Battleship'? Will we ever truly know? Or care?

I think it was inspired by the creator spotting kids hiding behind a mailbox
from their latest victim of avoidance. That or a vaulting horse in the old
gymski where he exercised before walking up Madison Avenue to 'work'.

The movement lines on the box lid are, typically of hypesters, much more
'all over the place', in some diagrammatic map of 'mad fun' than really is
on the board itself. But, you didn't really expect to get what was shown,
did you?

Hey, I wonder if Mr. J. owned one? I think he did. Career souvenir.

No comments:

Post a Comment